London and Paris Explorer Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2020
Two iconic European cities, one captivating cultural experience reflecting centuries of innovation, imagination and initiative including such highlights as Big Ben, the Champs Elysees and a little joie de vivre.
- ORIENTATION of Bath and Windsor
- VISIT the Roman Baths in Bath, Stonehenge and the Palace of Versailles
- VIEW the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral
- SEE Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and the White Cliffs of Dover
- 8 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Ferry from Dover to Calais
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See link below for airport transfer page
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (4 Nights): Embrace the pomp and pageantry of a city that combines the fascinating heritage of yesteryear with all the verve of a modern capital. Stroll through its leafy Royal Parks, shop up a storm in the West End or visit some of London's world-famous historic attractions or museums to gain a sense of a place that is certainly larger than life. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.|
|Day 2||EXCURSION TO BATH AND STONEHENGE||Excursion to Bath and Stonehenge: This morning leave London and travel to Bath. Visit the Roman Baths from which the city derives its name and enjoy an orientation of this World Heritage Site with its beautiful Georgian architecture. After free time for lunch, travel through the scenic countryside and stop at Stonehenge to visit the historic stone monoliths where pagans once worshipped.|
|Day 3||London||London Sightseeing and Excursion to Windsor: London's iconic sights take centre stage today during a half-day introductory sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. See Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, before travelling to the town of Windsor with its vast royal castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. See the chapel where Prince Harry and Meghan were married. Spend the afternoon following in the footsteps of royalty. Explore over 900 years of royal history, ambling through this historic market town. Return to London and discover its theatrical treasures this evening when you consider joining your Travel Director at an optional West End show.|
|Day 4||London||London At Leisure: Enjoy a day at leisure to explore the captivating sights and sounds of London. Your Travel Director will provide you with recommendations on how to spend your day in the city. Perhaps take a leisurely cruise along the Thames River, delve into centuries of history and admire exquisite royal jewels at the Tower of London, catch a flight on the London Eye, then meander through the stalls of Covent Garden.|
|Day 5||London - Paris||London - Paris (4 Nights): Departing London, we travel through the lush green Kent countryside to board our ferry in Dover, watching the impressive White Cliffs disappear into the distance as we cross to France. We pass the bloody World War I battlefields of the Somme en route to Paris where we will spend four nights.|
Novotel Centre Tour Eiffel
|Day 6||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and Free Time: The 'City of Lights' shines brightly today as our 'Local Specialist' takes us on a sightseeing tour of Paris. We'll view the grand Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral before enjoying a walk through the Latin Quarter. Spend a free afternoon soaking up the sophistication of this beautiful city. Maybe wander through Montmartre and admire the imposing white domes of Sacre Coeur, enjoy a light- hearted picnic in the pretty Tuileries gardens or pay a visit to da Vinci's Mona Lisa at one of the world's most visited museums, the Louvre. This evening we 'Connect With Locals' and indulge in a first-hand encounter with Parisian culture during a 'Be My Guest' dinner.|
|Day 7||Versailles Excursion||Versailles Excursion: Join a 'Local Specialist' today to explore the opulent Palace of Versailles - its splendour and beauty created to reflect the self-proclaimed majesty of King Louis XIV, the Sun King. See the exquisite sprawling gardens, the Hall of Mirrors with its impressive chandeliers and glinting mirrors and enjoy time to explore Versailles town. This evening, enjoy the city by night or perhaps attend a colourful Parisian cabaret performance.|
|Day 8||Paris||Paris At Leisure: Spend the day at leisure delving into the sophistication and glamour of Paris on your own terms. Sample delicious French cakes at a local patisserie, amble along the cobblestone lanes of Le Marais or journey into the macabre underground catacombs dating back to the 19th century. On our last evening together in Paris, we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner in the city.|
|Day 9||Paris||Depart Paris: After breakfast, we bid our newfound friends a fond farewell as our memorable holiday comes to a close. Transfers to Charles de Gaulle airport are available. Conditions apply.|
- Drinking Water: Tap water is safe to drink in all of the destinations on this trip. Please remember to bring a water bottle.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,375.00 (USD)
Tour Type: City ExplorerBrochure Type: Europe & Britain 2020Two iconic European cities, one captivating cultural experience reflecting centuries of innovation, imagination and initiative including such highlights as Big Ben, the Champs Elysees and a ...