America the Beautiful Reverse (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 USA & Canada
From the skylines of New York and the Southern hospitality of Atlanta, prepare to be dazzled on a memorable trip across America. Along the way you'll be treated to authentic regional delicacies, while staying in top locations, as you make your way coast to coast. Delve into America's iconic history in Washington, D.C., immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of toe-tapping Memphis and be mesmerised by historic Route 66 and the sparkling bright lights of Las Vegas. End with a grand finale in Los Angeles, as you experience this beautiful country in all its glory.
- New York: Get to know your newfound friends at a lively Highlight Dinner at Bond 45, recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Washington, D.C.: Indulge in a delicious Highlight Dinner at one of the city's popular local restaurants.
- South Carolina: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Poogan's Porch, a local institution and favourite.
- Memphis: Head to a speakeasy above BB King's Blues Club for an atmospheric Highlight Dinner.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Marlsgate Plantation, a stately mansion with a majestic setting.
- Amarillo: Savour a Highlight Dinner at the Big Texan, where everything truly is bigger in Texas.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner in the Thunderbird Room taking in awe-inspiring views.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner at Cafe Pinot against a glittering L.A. backdrop.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B) and 11 Dinners with wine (DW).
- New York: Visit some of the city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert.
- Washington, D.C.: See all of the amazing memorials and monuments in the nation's capital.
- Atlanta: Step into the world of world news and live broadcast at a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the Global Headquarters of CNN.
- Little Rock: Learn the whiskey making process from a liquor expert on a private tour and tasting at the Rock Town Distillery.
- Santa Fe: With an expert in history, art and culture, tour historic Santa Fe on a guided trolley tour.
- Dallas: Join a stadium guide for a VIP tour at one of the richest sports franchises in America - the Dallas Cowboys (subject to availability).
- Grand Canyon: With a Local Expert, learn about the formation of one of the United States' most renowned natural wonders, while sipping a glass of sparkling wine.
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet with a theatre guide for a behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre.
- New York: The Renwick is a contemporary, newly re-imagined hotel housed in an iconic 1920's brick building. Located in Midtown Manhattan, 2 blocks from Grand Central Terminal and walking distance to the Empire State Building, New York Public Library, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Fifth Avenue shopping. Named for the architect and creator of St. Patrick's Cathedral, James Renwick, the hotel was once home to artists' studios and many celebrated writers (including John Steinbeck and F. Scott Fitzgerald).
- Washington, D.C.: Stay at the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, a Washington, D.C. landmark for over 90 years ago.
- Charleston: Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. Find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston's historic City Market.
- Atlanta: Discover one of the best hotels in downtown Atlanta with stunning views of the skyline.
- Memphis: The Guest House at Graceland is located just steps away from Graceland Mansion. You'll enjoy the rock 'n' royal treatment at one of the largest hotels in Memphis, the 450-room resort is a reflection of Elvis' personal style, with designs inspired by Graceland Mansion.
- Dallas: The Magnolia Dallas Downtown offers a comfortable stay and ideal location in the Historic District.
- Santa Fe: Experience the splendor of the American Southwest at La Fonda on the Plaza, the only hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Here you'll find tasteful, modern conveniences blended with the warmth of authentic New Mexican style.
- Flagstaff: Stay amidst Ponderosa Pines, near downtown.
- Grand Canyon: Spend the night near the rim of the Grand Canyon, inside the National Park.
- Las Vegas: The luxurious Caesars Palace on the iconic Vegas Strip offers restaurants, nightlife, relaxation, and entertainment. It's distinct style is a tribute to Rome's opulence.
- Los Angeles: The InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown offers breathtaking views from the unique 70th floor sky lobby in the tallest building on the west.
- New York: Marvel at the sweeping skyline views, including some of the city's most prominent landmarks from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at the Rockefeller Center.
- Route 66: Stop in Kingman and Seligman.
- North Carolina: At the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, learn about cultivating one of the most important crops in this part of the country.
- Charleston: Discover South Carolina's oldest city during a historic carriage tour where you may catch a glimpse of Rainbow Row, Antebellum Mansions, hidden gardens and courtyards, churches and elaborate graveyards.
- Memphis: Explore the Graceland Mansion and grounds.
- Little Rock: Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum.
- Fort Worth: Visit the Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's rich livestock history.
- Cadillac Ranch: See the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt.
- Winslow: Stop to pay homage to the 'Man Standin' on the Corner.
- Sedona: Spend time in this mystical town.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 22 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New York||Welcome to New York.: Welcome to The Big Apple. Enjoy some time to explore this vibrant city. At 18:00, meet your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Renwick Hotel New York City, Curio Collection by Hilton.
|Day 2||New York||A Manhattan Masterpiece.: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See the towering Empire State Building and the mirrored peak of the Art Deco Chrysler Building as you admire one of the world's most striking skylines. For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock - the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center - for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the isle of Manhattan. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted and offers New Yorkers a break from the concrete jungle. At night, join your Travel Director for a lively Highlight Dinner at Bond 45, a typical N.Y.C. Italian restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Washington, DC||On to the Capital.: Leave Raleigh behind as you make your way to Washington, D.C. On arrival, you'll have time to acquaint yourself with the capital. (Breakfast)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, D.C.
|Day 4||Washington, DC||Sightseeing in the Capital.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover all of the iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall. The rest of the day is yours do as you please, so whether you fancy heading to a free museum on the National Mall, a trip to the zoo or a coffee and cake in a local cafe, the choice is yours. End the day with a delicious Highlight Dinner at one of the city's popular local restaurants. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Raleigh||Monumental Washington, D.C. to the City of Oaks.: Leave the capital behind. As you travel on, discover a simpler way of life at the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, which shows you how rural families lived, worked and cultivated one of the country's most important crops. Make your way to Raleigh, the City of Oaks, famous for its universities, technology and research. Downtown you will find a number of museums and galleries to suit your interests. (Breakfast)|
Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown.
|Day 6||Charleston||Tobacco Farms and the Carolinas.: Travel on to South Carolina and charming Charleston. This evening's Highlight Dinner is at Poogan's Porch, a local favorite that prides itself on its handwritten recipes and gracious hospitality. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Andrew Pinckney Inn, Charleston.
|Day 7||Charleston||Charming Charleston.: This morning, visit the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens for a walk around one of the oldest plantations in the South. Dating back to 1676, it is the only Plantation on the Ashley River that survived the American Revolution and Civil War. Discover Charleston, South Carolina's oldest city, during a historic carriage ride and take in the quaint beauty of this romantic hotspot. From the bright Georgian houses of Rainbow Row, to the city's hidden gardens, courtyards and churches, this picture worthy city offers perfect snap happy moments. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Atlanta||Atlanta, Cultural Capital of the New South.: Set off for Atlanta, Georgia. Make headlines as you journey into the heart of CNN Worldwide for a close-up look at global news in the making. An exclusive guided tour will take you behind-the-scenes of the fast-paced working studios. Indulge at Mary Mac's this evening where you'll be welcomed for a comforting dinner of home-style food and wine. With over 70 years of cooking experience, this quaint bistro sets the standard for Southern cooking. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
|Day 9||Memphis||Memphis, Home of the Blues.: Travel from one amazing Southern city to another on your way to Memphis, legendary home of the Blues, barbecue and The King, Elvis Presley. (Breakfast)|
The Guest House at Graceland, Memphis.
|Day 10||Memphis||Graceland and everything Elvis.: Today is dedicated to the King of Rock and Roll himself, Elvis Presley. You'll fall in love with his Memphis 13.8-acre Colonial-style mansion, otherwise known as Graceland. Explore Presley's final resting ground with an interactive self-guided tour. In the evening, soak up the atmosphere on famous Beale Street in Downtown Memphis. Tonight, dine on local specialities served with wine at a Beale Street speakeasy-style restaurant, located inside BB King's Blues Club. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Little Rock||A Taste of Bourbon in Little Rock.: Today you'll head to Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas, where you'll enjoy a tour and private bourbon tasting at the Rock Town Distillery. Then, visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum dedicated in 2004 to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. The museum features replicas of the Oval Office and the Cabinet Room and showcases a timeline and alcoves highlighting life at the White House. Enjoy some free time to relax at your hotel or explore the city. Save the evening for a Highlight Dinner with wine at Marlsgate Plantation. With its ancient oak trees and majestic acres of land, this columned mansion offers a dreamy location for your evening meal. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock.
|Day 12||Dallas||Deep in the Heart of Texas.: Say goodbye to little Rock and move on to the modern Dallas/Fort Worth area. Visit Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's livestock history and promote the heritage of one of the greatest agriculture industries in the world. Later, get your cowboy boots on and your dancing feet ready for a true Western experience at Billy Bob's Texas, a honky-tonk with live music and entertainment. This venue is the world's largest country western bar, where you can expect line dancing, pool, and if you're feeling adventurous, mechanical bull riding. (Breakfast)|
Magnolia Dallas Downtown.
|Day 13||Cattle and Country Western||Cattle and Country Western.: You can't talk about Dallas without mentioning The Dallas Cowboys. One of the country's richest sports franchises, football fans will be in their element with a guided VIP tour of AT&T Stadium, formerly known as the Cowboys Stadium (subject to availability). In a fascinating look behind the scenes, you will be privy to places normally off limits during game days: the field, media press box, and locker rooms are all included. End your Cowboys fan day by choosing from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Amarillo||Is this the way to Amarillo?: Journey to Amarillo and catch the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt at the famed Cadillac Ranch pop art installation. End the day with a tasty Texan treat at The Big Texan Steak Ranch. If you're feeling brave, you can try to take on this saloon-style steakhouse's all-American 72oz steak challenge. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Embassy Suites Amarillo Downtown.
|Day 15||Santa Fe||Santa Fe, the City Different.: Travelling along Route 66, continue to Santa Fe. Join a guided trolley tour of the historic city to discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions. You'll also take in the striking architecture of the Palace of the Governors and the Loretto Chapel with a Local Expert. (Breakfast)|
La Fonda on the Plaza, Santa Fe.
|Day 16||Flagstaff||From Santa Fe to Flagstaff.: During free time in the morning, continue your exploration of Santa Fe. As you travel to Arizona, pause for a photo stop in the town of Winslow and meet the 'Man Standing on the Corner' famous for the Eagles song 'Take it Easy.' Arrive in Flagstaff this evening. (Breakfast)|
Little America Hotel Flagstaff.
|Day 17||Grand Canyon||Mystical Sedona and the Grand Canyon.: Admire the red rock formations used as backdrops for many Western movies as you journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Explore its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty. Wind down stunning Oak Creek Canyon, before arriving at the majestic Grand Canyon. Learn all about the vibrantly coloured hues of the canyon from a Local Expert while sipping on a glass of sparkling wine. Later, savour a Highlight Dinner in your lodge's inviting Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon.
|Day 18||Las Vegas||Get Your Kicks and Las Vegas.: Before you bid farewell to the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon, you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the canyon from the air during an optional flightseeing tour. Continue on and cruise along desert oases to see the classic motels, diners and gas stations of a simpler time. Travel along Route 66, stopping at the Americana hotspots of Seligman and Kingman, before arriving in Las Vegas this afternoon and enjoying the evening at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
|Day 19||Las Vegas||Leisure Time in Sin City.: The day is free for you to enjoy. Relax by the swimming pool, try your luck at the casinos, or explore the famous Strip, where you'll find the musical water ballet of the Bellagio's fountains and world-famous shopping. From browsing the Forum Shops at Caesars to the luxe Crystals Mall at City Center, featuring the world's most elite designers, prepare to shop till you drop. (Breakfast)|
|Day 20||Los Angeles||From Las Vegas to Los Angeles.: Depart the glittering lights of Las Vegas for the thriving metropolis of Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Take some time to explore this vibrant city before enjoying an evening at leisure. (Breakfast)|
InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown.
|Day 21||Los Angeles||The City of Angels.: It???s time to explore Tinseltown. Channel your inner movie star and check out Grauman's Chinese Theatre, a movie palace on the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame, where you can walk in the steps of icons including Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable. Continue your star-studded day with a private tour of the Dolby Theatre, the current home of the Oscars. If all this sightseeing makes you hungry, you'll find plenty of choices to tempt your palette at the historic L.A. Farmers Market. End the day with a Celebration Dinner at the esteemed Cafe Pinot and toast to new friends and adventures. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 22||Los Angeles||Depart Los Angeles.: Say goodbye to L.A. and your fellow travellers before a transfer takes you to Los Angeles International Airport. Alternatively, extend your stay in the City of Angels. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class