GLOBUS 2021: Britain Sampler (GE)
9 days from London to London
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.|
|Day 2||London||After a hearty English breakfast, morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the Thames River, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall's mounted horseguards and the Prime Minister's Downing Street residence, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. The highlight is a visit to ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL (except on Sundays), Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece built between 1675 and 1708. Free time in the afternoon for independent activities or to join an optional excursion to Windsor Castle or the Tower of London with its fabulous Crown Jewels. Later, how about an optional dinner, followed by a cruise on the Thames River? (B)|
|Day 3||Bath||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and depart at 8 am for a memorable day of sightseeing. First, try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE. Explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Cross Salisbury Plain and head for the elegant Georgian city of Bath, where you see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS. You will also have time to explore the town further on your own. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel. Today's Distance: 139 mi / 224 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Liverpool||This morning, drive through the fertile Severn Valley and across unspoiled countryside to the medieval market town of Ludlow, perched on a cliff above the River Teme. The afternoon is dedicated to North Wales. Take a stroll in picturesque Llangollen, host to one of the world's most colorful annual music festivals, before continuing on to Liverpool, hometown of The Beatles and once the departure port of great transatlantic liners.Today's Distance: 204 mi / 335 km (B)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||Focus on the tranquil Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a break in Wordsworth's beloved Grasmere, and try original [LF] GRASMERE GINGERBREAD. Then, head north for the Scottish border. On the way through the history-steeped Lowland Hills, stop at Gretna Green and visit [LF] THE WHISKY HOUSE where an expert explains the mysteries behind whisky production and lets you taste some well-known malts. In Edinburgh, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis.Today's Distance: 237 mi / 390 km (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town,' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays. Dinner rounds off this optional evening. For departure numbers August 3 through August 24, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)|
|Day 7||York||First on today's agenda is a guided tour of Sir Walter Scott's ABBOTSFORD HOUSE, with its impressive collection of historic relics, weapons, and armor, as well as an extensive library with over 9,000 rare volumes. Melrose Abbey and the ruins at Jedburgh are pointed out on the way to the English border and Northumberland National Park. In York, England's most complete medieval city, stand in awe in front of the great structure of York Minster, then follow your Tour Director through a maze of quaint streets, including the narrow Shambles.Today's Distance: 202 mi / 325 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||London||Depart Yorkshire, setting of author James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small, and drive through the richest farmland in Britain. In Stratford-upon-Avon, take pictures of Anne Hathaway's Cottage and visit SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE. Return to London around 3:30 pm. How about a night out on the town with newfound friends? A three-course pre-theater dinner followed by one of London's West End shows might take your fancy.Today's Distance: 256 mi / 411 km (B)|
|Day 9||London||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$870No triple room reduction. Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).