Landscapes of the Canadian Maritimes (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 USA & Canada
A mix of colourful harbours and sweeping coastlines, this nautical trip allows you to recharge by the sea as you take in some of Canada's iconic maritime history. From learning about the tradition of fabric milling in Baddeck to discovering the picturesque village of Peggy's Cove, you'll have plenty of time to relax and take in the sea air, as you make your way through Canada's Eastern Maritime provinces.
- Halifax: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner with live music at Le Bistro by Liz, where old French charm meets lively coziness in the heart of Halifax.
- Shediac Bay: Enjoy a fisherman's lobster feast and Highlight Lunch, as you cruise the waters of the bay, taking in the scenery and warm Acadian hospitality.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner par excellence, featuring Digby's famous scallops.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) 1 Lunch with wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Lunenburg: Join a Local Expert for an exploration of this eclectic port city and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic.
- Baddeck: Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt making demonstration at The Gaelic College.
- Cape Breton: Attend an evening of traditional local music and song at the Celtic Evening of Smiles.
- Baddeck: Go behind-the-scenes with a Local Expert to unravel the stories behind one of history's most influential members at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site.
- Mi'kmaq Nation: Experience the culture of the local Mi'kmaq community on Prince Edward Island through the eyes of their people and witness a smudging ceremony, honour song and dance, as well as an introduction to Seven Sacred Teachings.
- Shediac Bay: Join a lobster fisherman aboard his boat before a fresh lobster lunch is served.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman who will tell you about life fishing one of the region's key delicacies, before sitting down to a Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner.
- Annapolis Royal: With your Local Expert, a costumed interpreter, visit the scenic National Historic District and learn about the cultural heritage of Annapolis Royal.
- Halifax: The Westin Nova Scotian offers luxury and Four Diamond service in the heart of Halifax.
- Baddeck: Waterfront resort facilities meet Cape Breton's warm hospitality at The Inverary Resort.
- Charlottetown: The Delta Prince Edward is Charlottetown's only waterfront hotel, just steps away from charming shops and restaurants.
- Saint John: The Hilton Saint John offers a prime location on the harbourfront of New Brunswick's largest city.
- Digby: Overlooking the Bay of Fundy, Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is the perfect location for exciting activities, or the utmost in relaxation.
- Halifax: Discover its highlights on a morning sightseeing tour; Visit the picturesque village of Peggy's Cove.
- Halifax: Wander the Citadel's corridors with a Local Expert and learn about the fortress' history and Halifax's involvement in major wars.
- Prince Edward Island: Cross one of the longest bridges in the world, the 9-mile-long Confederation Bridge.
- Cavendish: Explore the National Park and visit the Green Gables farm house that inspired the beloved children's classic, 'Anne of Green Gables'.
- Bay of Fundy: Embark on a whale watching cruise (weather permitting) to potentially spot rare species of whale and learn about these majestic sea mammals.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Halifax||Welcome to Halifax.: Arrive in Halifax. A mix of sea breezes and cultural charms, you've arrived in your quintessential maritime destination. You'll be picked up from Halifax International Airport and taken to your downtown hotel. You can relax next to the waterfront before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18:00, for a Welcome Dinner with drinks. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax.
|Day 2||Halifax||Historic Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove.: Journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg. Experience one of the best surviving examples of a planned British Colonial settlement in North America, before meeting a Local Expert for a walking tour. Hear tales of the fishing industry's impact on the region before visiting scenic Peggy's Cove, a small rural community located on the eastern shore of St. Margarets Bay. You'll end the day by heading back to Halifax for the evening. Enjoy a Highlight Dinner with live music at Le Bistro by Liz, where old French charm meets lively coziness in the heart of Halifax. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax.
|Day 3||Halifax||Sightseeing and Relaxation in Halifax.: Delve into Halifax's nautical history at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, where your Local Expert will engage you in stories of key historic events, including the Halifax Explosion and the tragic sinking of the Titanic in 1912. Join a Local Expert for an informative exploration of eclectic Halifax, before enjoying a free afternoon. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Baddeck||Cape Breton Island and Blooming Baddeck.: Journey to Cape Breton Island. In Baddeck, embark on a picturesque boat cruise across Bras d'Or Lake with your fellow travellers (weather permitting). In the evening, experience warm hospitality and Cape Breton-style home cooking at your waterfront hotel, featuring tempting seafood favourites and hearty dishes that are sure to satisfy. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Inverary Resort, Baddeck.
|Day 5||Baddeck||The Natural Beauty of the Cabot Trail.: Head back to school as you immerse yourself in a unique experience at The Gaelic College, devoted to the study and preservation of the Gaelic and Celtic cultures. Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt-making demonstration in action. Enjoy a relaxing drive along the Cabot Trail, one of the world's most scenic routes. Keep an eye out for moose and bald eagles, as you travel past Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Continue your day with an evening of traditional music and song at the Celtic Evening of Smiles, where you'll enjoy a night of Acadian hospitality and entertainment. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Inverary Resort, Baddeck.
|Day 6||Charlottetown||Baddeck and Charlottetown.: In the morning, embark on an insightful visit to the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site. Cross the Northumberland Strait to magical Prince Edward Island and quaint Charlottetown, where you'll spend the next three nights. This little city is a nautical dream, with its light colourful fisherman's cottages and pretty harbour. The city is also famous for hosting the famous Anne of Green Gables musical every year. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown.
|Day 7||Charlottetown||Charlottetown Sightseeing.: Discover picturesque Prince Edward Island with a Local Expert before heading on to Cavendish. Here you'll visit the Green Gables House, the fabled home that provided inspiration for L.M. Montgomery's children's classic, 'Anne of Green Gables'. Return to Charlottetown, where you will visit the Abegweit Mi'Kmaw Nation, an Indigenous community located east of the city. You'll be met by your local Knowledge Keeper who will welcome you to the community, before you are introduced to the Seven Sacred Teachings and how it guides the Mi?kmaq people. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Charlottetown||Leisure Time in Charlottetown.: Today is your day to explore or relax in delightful Charlottetown. Choose between our Insight Choice here. Either head on a lighthouse tour, enjoy a wine tasting or a bike ride around the city. From exploring Point Prim Lighthouse to Victoria Park, make the most of your last day here. (Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Saint John||The Tides of Hopewell Rocks.: Journey to New Brunswick where you will cruise the waters of Shediac Bay onboard a lobster boat (weather permitting) and get a glimpse into the fascinating world of these sea creatures, with a presentation on the industry. You'll also indulge on a delicious seafood Highlight Lunch with wine. Travel on to Hopewell Rocks on the shores of the bay, before arriving in the pretty port city of Saint John, where you'll be surrounded by rugged cliff tops, coves and natural beauty. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Hilton Saint John.
|Day 10||Bay of Fundy||Loyalist Saint John to Digby.: Explore Saint John's vibrant past on a morning tour. Board a ferry bound for Saint John's sister community of Digby. Once here, you'll head to the Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa, which overlooks the Bay of Fundy. (Breakfast)|
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa.
|Day 11||Digby||Delightful Digby and Annapolis Royal.: Begin your day by embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime whale watching cruise (weather permitting) on the Bay of Fundy. Move on to the historic town of Annapolis Royal. Take a stroll with a costumed interpreter and discover a cultural mosaic of history before returning to your spa resort in Digby. In the evening, meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner featuring the highly prized seafood. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa.
|Day 12||Halifax||Farewell Halifax.: It's time to wave goodbye to Halifax and your fellow travellers as your trip comes to an end. Stops will be made at Halifax International Airport and The Westin Nova Scotian for guests wishing to extend their stay. Airport arrival will be at 12:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $3,550.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Discovery TripBrochure Type: 2020 USA & CanadaA mix of colourful harbours and sweeping coastlines, this nautical trip allows you to recharge by the sea as you take in some of Canada's iconic maritime history.