GLOBUS 2018: The European Reformation - Faith-Based Travel (TL)
11 days from Berlin to Munich
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Berlin||Welcome to Berlin! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and begin your fellowship at this evening's welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Wittenberg||Sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the elegant Ku'damm, the restored Reichstag, Charlottenburg Castle, a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial, and the 21-foot Victory Column. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH with its bomb-damaged spire, drive along Unter den Linden boulevard, and pass the State Opera House and Checkpoint Charlie. In the afternoon, continue to Wittenberg, Martin Luther's hometown for more than 30 years and birthplace of the Reformation. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Leipzig||Enjoy a guided walking tour and visit the LUTHER HOUSE, where Martin Luther and his family lived. Also visit ST. MARY'S CHURCH, a twin-towered gothic church where Luther preached reform, got married, and baptized his six children. Finally, see the door of Castle Church, where Luther posted his 95 Theses, launching the Reformation in 1517. Continue to Leipzig for a walking tour and a visit to the THOMASKIRCHE, where Johann Sebastian Bach worked as a cantor. Also, see the market square that today is a site for celebrations and festivals, but once was the scene of executions and political demonstrations. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Erfurt||Today, stop in Eisleben, where Luther's life began and ended. Visit his BIRTH HOUSE and DEATH HOUSE MUSEUMS, as well as ST. PETER & PAUL CHURCH, where Luther was baptized, and ST. ANDREW'S CHURCH, where Luther preached his last sermon in 1546. Later, drive to Erfurt, whose 36 churches, 15 monasteries, and other ecclesiastical buildings have earned it the nickname 'Thuringian Rome.' The beautiful Old Town preserves the atmosphere Luther must have experienced during his student days. A highlight is an inspirational visit to the AUGUSTINIAN MONASTERY where Luther lived as a monk, and the unique MERCHANTS' BRIDGE, lined with half-timbered homes on both sides. (B)|
|Day 5||Erfurt||Journey to Eisenach and meet your Local Guide. Visit LUTHER HOUSE, ST. GEORGE'S CHURCH, where Luther was a choir boy and later preached, and see the Luther and Bach Memorials. Also, visit WARTBURG CASTLE, where he lived in disguise as 'Knight George.' It was during this period that Luther translated the New Testament from Ancient Greek into German in just ten weeks. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Wiesbaden||Continue south today to Coburg and visit fascinating COBURG FORTRESS, where Luther lived protected during the Imperial Diet of Augsburg in 1530. As an outlaw of the Holy Roman Empire, he could not attend the Imperial Diet of Augsburg, but instead spent his time continuing his work translating the Bible and writing on Reformation issues. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Wiesbaden||Enjoy a scenic RHINE CRUISE past castle-crested cliffs, terraced vineyards, and half-timbered towns. In Worms, where the Imperial Council passed judgment on Luther in 1521, visit the CATHEDRAL where Luther presented his case, as well as TRINITY CHURCH and the Reformation monument. Continue to Mainz to visit the GUTENBERG MUSEUM, which houses original copies of the Bible. (B)|
|Day 8||Nuremberg||Journey to the medieval walled town of Rothenburg, where your walking tour takes you to ST. JACOB'S CHURCH with its masterpiece Altar of the Holy Blood. Afterwards, there is time to shop for the town's famed Christmas ornaments. On to Nuremberg, the first town to accept the Reformation in 1525. Your walking tour features the gothic ST. LORENZ LUTHERAN CHURCH, where you can pause for quiet meditation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Oberammergau||In Augsburg, guided sightseeing reveals the city where Luther and his followers proclaimed their faith. Continue to picturesque Oberammergau. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Munich||In Munich, explore Germany's 'Secret Capital' with your local guide, including the Olympic Stadium, the 1,000-foot-high Television Tower, MARIENPLATZ with the Old and the New Town Halls, and the gothic Frauenkirche. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Munich||Your Reformation discovery ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $421Triple room reduction per person: $38
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).
From $2,479.00 (USD)
Walk in the footsteps of Martin Luther on this Germany vacation highlighting the European Reformation.