Northern Lights of Iceland including the Blue Lagoon Winter 2017/18
Brochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718
Journey to a land of ethereal landscapes - towering waterfalls, volcanoes and even mischievous elves. Iceland's intensely beautiful landscapes are a miracle of nature, from the vivid Blue Lagoon to the mystical Aurora Borealis dancing across the crystal-clear Icelandic sky.
- City tour in Reykjavik
- See the Eyjafjallajokull volcano
- View the black sand beach at Vik, Gullfoss, Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls and the Strokkur geyser
- Visit the Hallgrimskirkja church in Reykjavik, the Fridheimar Greenhouse, the Folk Museum in Skogar, the Hellisheidi Geothermal Exhibition, the world famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa and Viking World in Reykjanesbaer
- 5 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Arrive Reykjavik (2 Nights): Welcome to Reykjavik. The capital of Iceland is yours to start exploring after you check-in to your hotel. Tonight meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and canapés.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Reykjavik||Reykjavik Sightseeing: Explore Reykjavik on a sightseeing tour this morning. See the city's major attractions including Parliament House, the Old Harbour, the National Museum, Laugardalur swimming pool and the city's main landmark, the Hallgrímskirkja church standing on top of a hill in the city centre. There will be the chance this afternoon for you to get acquainted with the unique Icelandic horses during an Optional Experience horseback riding tour. This evening will be an opportunity for you and your fellow travellers to venture out on a Northern Lights drive (weather permitting).Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Hella||Reykjavik - Golden Circle Excursion - Hella (2 Nights): Your first stop this morning is at the historically significant Thingvellir National Park. Here you will see how the continental drift between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates has altered the landscape by creating massive cracks or faults in the Earth's surface. Enjoy great photo opportunities at the world-famous hot spring area of Geysir. Wait a few minutes for Strokkur geyser to erupt, sending a spectacular column of water and steam high into the air. Close by is the majestic Gullfoss, the 'Golden Waterfall'. In the afternoon visit the Fridheimar Greenhouse for an insight into Icelandic horticulture as well as a taste of the tomatoes grown there. Dine tonight at your hotel. If conditions permit take a walk with your Travel Director in search of the Northern Lights.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Hella||South Shore Adventure Excursion: Take a journey through Iceland's stunning south coast, a region of breathtaking scenery and legendary stories. Encounter a wonderful variety of natural landscapes, including the spectacular waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. See the ice cap Eyjafjallajökull, which covers a volcano. Visit the Skogar Folk Museum where you will gain a Cultural Insight into Icelandic heritage. View the black sand beach at Vik before arriving at your hotel where you will dine tonight. Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Reykjanesbaer||Hella - Blue Lagoon - Reykjanesbaer: This morning gain a Cultural Insight into the way Iceland harnesses geothermal energy with an included visit to the state-of-the-art Hellisheidi Geothermal Exhibtion, located on an active volcanic ridge. Then experience another Cultural Insight when you visit and bathe in the world famous Blue Lagoon complete with a delicious cocktail. (Please remember to pack your swimwear). Learn about the history and lifestyle of the North Atlantic's Vikings during a visit to Viking World. This evening join your travelling companions and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Park Inn by Radisson Keflavik Airport
|Day 6||Depart Iceland||Depart Iceland: Say goodbye to your companions after an unforgettable trip. Please note: This itinerary visits locations most likely to offer a glimpse of the colourful and mesmerising auroras. Viewing them is not guaranteed.Buffet Breakfast|
- Triple Room share is not available on this trip.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,350.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718Journey to a land of ethereal landscapes - towering waterfalls, volcanoes and even mischievous elves.