Best of Greece with 3 Day Aegean Cruise Premier 2017
Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2017
Add a dash of Greek Island cruising to your exploration of Greece - the highlights of Mykonos, Santorini and Crete a fitting reward for a week of exploring ancient sites, and myths and legends. Wander through quaint village lanes and marvel at volcanic landscapes, enjoying views over the deep blue Aegean that stretch for miles.
- City tour in Athens, Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora
- See the Corinth Canal, the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- View the Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the ancient theatre and Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the battle site at Thermopylae
- Visit the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the ancient ruins in Corinth, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the home of the Oracle at Delphi and the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora
- 10 buffet breakfasts
- 8 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- 3 cruise lunches
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Welcome to Athens. You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Relax or spend time exploring the wonders of this ancient city. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink with your travelling companions and your Travel Director.Welcome Reception|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Metropolitan
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Classical Athens was a centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, and is widely seen as the cradle of Western Civilisation and the birthplace of democracy. One of the world's oldest cities, discover the rich heritage of Athens during your morning sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. Explore the Acropolis and view the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena and one of the world's greatest cultural monuments. Marvel at the Agora, the Royal Palace and the Temple of Zeus. Enjoy an included visit to the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities. See Hadrian's Arch, built to celebrate the arrival of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. Spend the rest of the day as you wish. In the evening perhaps choose to dine in a lively area of the city.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Nafplion||Athens - Corinth - Mycenae - Epidaurus - Nafplion: Cross the mighty Corinth Canal to the Peloponnesian Peninsula and visit the ancient city of Corinth with your Local Specialist. In Mycenae - a mighty kingdom of ancient Greece and a military stronghold - see the Beehive Tombs, the Treasury of Atreus, the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace with your Local Specialist. Later visit the ancient theatre and view the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the God of Medicine in Epidaurus with your Local Specialist. The rod of Asclepius, a snake-entwined staff, remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Arrive later in Nafplion where you will dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Olympia||Nafplion - Olympia: Enjoy a spectacular drive east across the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia. Connected to many gods and myths, Olympia is also the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening enjoy a Be My Guest dinner of authentic local cuisine on an olive farm.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 5||Delphi||Olympia - Patras - Delphi: Meet your Local Specialist and spend the morning visiting the ancient Olympic site and museum and the Temples of Zeus and Hera − the wife of Zeus and one of the most important deities in Greek mythology. Driving north to Patras, you cross the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece before continuing to Delphi.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Kalambaka||Delphi - Thermopylae - Kalambaka: Tour Delphi on the slopes of Mount Parnassos with your Local Specialist and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world. Walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Apollo dating from the 4th century. It was here that every four years athletes competed in the Pythian Games, dedicated to Apollo and the arts. A picturesque early afternoon drive brings you to Thermopylae, famous for the heroic defence by Leonidas and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. After seeing the memorial, cross the fertile Thessaly region, the 'bread basket of Greece' and travel over the Pourmaraki Pass towards Kalambaka.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Athens||Kalambaka - Meteora - Athens: Drive to Meteora, one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. Visit two of the six monasteries built on sandstone rocks above the town with your Local Specialist. A scenic drive brings you back to Athens, where later you will enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your travelling companions.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Metropolitan
|Day 8||Mykonos||Embark - Mykonos: Transfer to the port and cruise to stunning Mykonos. Spend time discovering this island paradise with its distinctive white-washed houses and maze of narrow cobbled streets.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 9||Patmos||Kusadasi - Patmos: Arrive early in Kusadasi in Turkey and consider an Optional Experience to fascinating Ephesus, site of the famous Temple of Artemis. Continue your cruise to Patmos, where there is time to shop, relax on the beach or take an Optional Experience to the Monastery of St. John.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 10||Santorini||Heraklion - Santorini: Wake this morning in Heraklion on the island of Crete. Continue to the spectacular volcanic island of Santorini, explore the town or consider joining an Optional Experience to Oia and Fira.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 11||Depart Athens||Disembark - Depart Athens: This morning, disembark from your cruise ship for your transfer to the airport.Buffet Breakfast|
- Moderate: Ref AGAM Cat. IB or ID Standard Inside 2-berth cabin. Superior: Ref AGAS Cat. XB Standard Outside 2-berth cabin. Premier: Ref AGAL Cat. XD Superior Outside 2-berth cabin. Premium: Ref AGAP Cat. XE Superior Outside 2-berth cabin.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $3,029.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Cruise Rail and CombosBrochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2017Add a dash of Greek Island cruising to your exploration of Greece - the highlights of Mykonos, Santorini and Crete a fitting reward for a week of exploring ancient sites, and m...