Best of Germany and Austria 2017
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017
An epic journey through Germany and Austria - the sounds of Bach and Mozart accompany as you explore the imposing spires of Cologne and Salzburg, cruise along the Rhine and criss-cross 'East' and 'West' in Berlin. You'll also sample traditional Tyrolean hospitality, visit the city that inspired 'The Sound of Music' and tuck into Vienna's 'Kafee und Kuchen' culture.
- City tour in Berlin, Salzburg and Vienna
- Cruise along the River Rhine
- Orientation of Frankfurt, Cologne, Wurzburg, Rothenburg, Munich and Innsbruck
- See the Lorelei Rock, Marienberg Fortress and the Prince-Bishops' residence in Wurzburg and Melk Abbey
- View the Cologne Cathedral, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck and Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg
- Visit Berlin TV Tower and Neuschwanstein Castle
- 12 hot buffet breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage is included at train stations.
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Rail service is reserved in standard class.
- High-speed train ticket between Cologne and Berlin.
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||FRANKFURT (OFFENBACH)||Arrive Frankfurt (Offenbach): Welcome to Frankfurt. After check-in, your Travel Director shows you the dynamic financial centre and medieval Römerplatz during your orientation. Later meet for a Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. It's a great opportunity to get to know everyone.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Cologne||Frankfurt (Offenbach) - Rhine Cruise - Cologne: This morning see the site of the famous Lorelei Rock and cruise along the mighty River Rhine past medieval castles and terraced vineyards. Stop to experience a unique Be My Guest lunch at an atmospheric castle above the river. Continue by road to Cologne where an orientation includes views of the magnificent Gothic cathedral. Spend free time before dinner relaxing or exploring on your own.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 3||Berlin||Cologne - High Speed Train - Berlin Sightseeing (2 Nights): Take a high speed train to the fascinating capital Berlin. This afternoon marvel at the landmarks of the old East and West sections of Berlin during your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden Boulevard and the Reichstag Building which were all major points of focus 27 years ago in 1990 during the re-unification of East and West Germany. Also see the Tiergarten and Kurfurstendamm famous for its shopping and entertainment.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Berlin||Berlin Sightseeing: This morning enjoy a Cultural Insight experience with fantastic 360 views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Spend the rest of the day exploring this city on your own or learn more about Berlin's secret past. This evening you might like to discover the vibrant nightlife for which Berlin is famous.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Rothenburg||Berlin - Wurzburg - Rothenburg: This morning travel south to Wurzburg to see the Marienburg Fortress and the Prince-Bishops' residence before arriving in Rothenburg. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Prinzhotel Authentic Accommodation
|Day 6||Munich||Rothenburg - Munich (2 Nights): Enjoy an orientation walk in the medieval town of Rothenburg. Continue through splendid countryside to Munich in the heart of Bavaria. See the Olympic Stadium before arriving at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Munich||Munich Orientation: This morning visit Marienplatz, the focal point of the city and view the City Hall with its Glockenspiel. Tonight why not discover some of Munich's lively beerhalls - it's what the region is famous for.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Oberammergau||Munich - Neuschwanstein - Oberammergau: Visit the fairy tale Neuschwanstein Castle, built by King Ludwig II. Later arrive in Oberammergau and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed every decade since 1634 when Europe was gripped by plague. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Innsbruck||Oberammergau - Innsbruck Orientation: A short drive takes you to Innsbruck. See the famous Olympic ski-jump before your orientation that includes views of the Wilten Basilica, Golden Roof and the Hofburg Palace. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Explore medieval lanes, visit museums and Habsburg palace or simply relax and admire this dazzling city set against a spectacular Alpine backdrop. Tonight you might like to enjoy a traditional dinner and Tyrolean folklore show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 10||Salzburg||Innsbruck - Salzburg Sightseeing: Travel to Salzburg where spires and domes rise in the shadow of Hohensalzburg Castle, one of the largest medieval fortresses in Europe. Admire the city featured in 'The Sound of Music' during a walking tour with a Local Specialist. View Mozart's birthplace and family house in the picturesque Getreidegasse, and the Domplatz dominated by Salzburg Cathedral. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Austria Trend Europa
|Day 11||Vienna||Salzburg - Durnstein - Vienna (2 Nights): Enjoy breathtaking scenery on your drive past Lake Mondsee to the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley. Sloping vineyards line the river from Melk Abbey to Durnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was held prisoner and subsequently found by Blondel, his faithful minstrel. Arrive in Vienna this afternoon for free time to explore the city.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 12||Vienna||Vienna Sightseeing: From the Opera to the Hofburg and St. Stephen's Cathedral to the Parliament, view all the wondrous sights of the elegant Austrian capital during your included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Marvel at the oldest and most secret part of old Vienna on your walking tour. In your free time discover a wealth of cultural delights, museums, galleries and memorials to famous composers. Your Travel Director will be able to advise as to how to get the most out of your free time in this city. Tonight join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 13||Depart Vienna||Depart Vienna: Bid farewell to your companions at the end of this wonderful holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Special Rate Solo Rooming: Departures 09 April, 02 July and 27 August 2017 include 25-100% discount on our standard single supplement.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,950.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Regional ExplorerBrochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017An epic journey through Germany and Austria - the sounds of Bach and Mozart accompany as you explore the imposing spires of Cologne and Salzburg, cruise along the Rhine and c...