GLOBUS 2017: The Classic Lodges & Parks of the West (AY)
11 days from Rapid City to Salt Lake City
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rapid City||Welcome to Rapid City, gateway to the Black Hills. At 6:30 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Custer State Park||After breakfast, enjoy an orientation tour of Rapid City, then visit BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK to see some of the most spectacular scenery in the region. Afterward, there's time to explore Wall Drug, known for its quirky roadside signs and free water. Later this afternoon, travel into the backcountry and enjoy a [LF] BUFFALO SAFARI and CHUCKWAGON COOKOUT. (B,D)SPECIAL FEATURE: We overnight at the historic State Game Lodge in Custer State Park. This gracious stone and wood lodge is set in a beautiful mountain valley, surrounded by a ponderosa pine forest. Built in 1920 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the lodge served as the 'Summer White House' for President Calvin Coolidge and was visited by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. NOTE: The June 1 departure will spend the evening of Day 2 in Spearfish and the evenings of Days 3 & 4 in Custer State Park. The itinerary will be slightly altered, but no included activities will be missed.|
|Day 3||Custer State Park||This morning, we travel to Hot Springs to visit the world's largest [LF] MAMMOTH SITE, where scientists are currently excavating remains of mammoths that were trapped and died in the pond more than 26,000 years ago. After a short tour, you'll have time to stroll the sidewalks of the dig area and see the paleontology laboratory. Next, visit CRAZY HORSE MEMORIAL, built in honor of the fearless Sioux Indian chief whose fame is derived from the Battle of Little Bighorn. The remainder of the day is yours to relax in Custer State Park. Perhaps try some fly-fishing, mountain biking, or take a nature walk. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Spearfish Canyon||Today, visit one of the world's largest stone monuments: MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL. At Mount Rushmore, the solid granite faces of four presidents loom more than a thousand feet overhead. We then continue on a guided tour of the Old West town of DEADWOOD, where Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane are laid to rest on Boot Hill. We spend the night deep in the heart of one of the most breathtakingly beautiful canyons in the world. The location for scenes from the movie Dances with Wolves, Spearfish Canyon Lodge sits nestled among lofty pines and spectacular cliffs. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Cody||This morning, drive through scenic Spearfish Canyon and across the grassy plains of Wyoming. Enjoy lunch at an authentic [LF] WESTERN RANCH. Next, we cross the Bighorn Mountains via Shell Creek Canyon to Buffalo Bill's Wild West town of Cody, Wyoming. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Yellowstone National Park||Enjoy a leisurely visit to the BUFFALO BILL CENTER OF THE WEST, a fascinating tribute to frontier America. Later, depart for YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, America's first national park, where wild animals roam freely in vast meadows and forest. (B,D) SPECIAL FEATURE: Enjoy a 2-night stay inside Yellowstone National Park. Each lodge has its own unique setting and atmosphere. Lodges featured are the Old Faithful Inn, Lake Yellowstone Hotel, and Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel. Specific lodges will be confirmed in your documents. NOTE: The routing and areas visited within Yellowstone are subject to favorable weather and/or road conditions. When conditions are unfavorable, the routing may be adjusted accordingly.|
|Day 7||Yellowstone National Park||Today you will see the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone with its Upper and Lower Falls. Watch for herds of bison in Hayden Valley, and view many of Yellowstone's geothermal sites, including Old Faithful Geyser. (B)|
|Day 8||Jackson||This morning, tour GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK. The jagged Tetons form a perfect backdrop behind Jenny and Jackson Lakes. Next up: the Western town of Jackson. The rest of the day is free to explore on your own. You may choose to see a shootout in Town Square, shop for souvenirs, or relax with a cold drink at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. (B)|
|Day 9||Jackson||Today is at your leisure to explore on your own or perhaps take an optional float trip down the Snake River. (B)|
|Day 10||Salt Lake City||Follow the Snake River and lovely Star Valley en route to Utah. Wind along the shores of beautiful Bear Lake before climbing through the Wasatch Mountains and on to the Great Salt Lake Basin and Salt Lake City. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner hosted by your Tour Director. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Salt Lake City||After a leisurely breakfast, bid farewell to newfound friends as your tour comes to an end with an included transfer to the Salt Lake City International Airport. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$1,025 to $1,170Triple Room Reduction per person:$240 to $280Extra Nights per person in Rapid City:in single room $178; in twin room $102; in triple room $76Extra Nights per person in Salt Lake City: in single room $158; in twin room $95; in triple room $75
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).
From $3,039.00 (USD)
On this fun-filled National Parks tour, discover the majestic parks and historic lodges of the American West.